Dorothy J. Buckner, M.D.
San Jose, CA
Laser Hair Removal
Laser NLite Wrinkle Reduction
Laser Pigmented and Vascular (Spider Vein) Lesion Removal
Cosmetic Fee Payment Plan
Laser Hair Removal |
Laser Wrinkle Reduction |
Laser Spider Vein Removal |
Payment Plans |
Dr. Buckner |
Dr. Buckner's Cosmetic Laser Center
2577 Samaritan Drive, Suite #820, San Jose, CA 95124-4012
make an appointment: (408) 356-8150
Dorothy J. Buckner, M.D., Cosmetic Dermatologist, provides cosmetic skin care treatments to reduce the visible signs of aging for healthy, more beautiful skin. Treatments include botox, collagen, and laser procedures.
DioLite Laser Pigmented and Vascular (Spider Vein) Lesion Removal
Before & After
Now with the DioLite laser, vascular and pigmented skin leisions can be removed quickly, comfortably and effectively.
How does the laser work? A laser generates an intense beam of light. This beam brings energy to a specific site, through a small handpiece connected to the laser console. The laser light is absorbed by oxyhemoglobin (bright red blood cells carrying oxygen) and melanin/pigment (black or brown pigment found in the skin) causing decomposition or destruction by heat of unwanted cells while leaving healthy cells intact.
What is a vascular lesion? A vascular lesion is formed by abnormally large or numerous vessels located directly under the surface of the skin. These vessels may be visible through the skin (Spider Angiomas) or result in a red appearance of the skin.
What is a pigmented lesion? Melanin is the dark pigment present in skin and is produced by melanocytes. Pigmented lesions occur when an abundance of melanocytes are found in the skin. When dark pigment multiplies, it forms freckles, brown age spots and moles.
What should a patient expect during and after treatment? Treatment may vary, depending upon patient characteristics and the area being treated. You will be asked to wear protective goggles and be placed in a reclined position, depending on the location of the treatment. Dr. Buckner will use a pencil thin handpiece to direct a beam of laser light to the lesion. In most cases, anesthesia is not required. Some patients report feeling a slight stinging sensation during the treatment followed by some redness which usually goes away in 2-4 hours. Some swelling may also be experienced and may last 1-2 days. There will not be any purple skin discoloration or bruised appearance to the treated skin.
Post operative care is minimal. Dr. Buckner may ask you to use an anti-bacterial ointment on the treated area for a short period of time and will suggest that you stay out of the sun during the healing process. Final treatment results should be evident within 10-14 days after treatment for vascular lesions and within 2-3 weeks after treatment for pigmented lesions. In the meantime, normal daily activities can be resumed with only a slight redness evident at the treatment area.
What conditions are treated with the laser?
- Telangiectasia - facial spider veins caused by a dialation of capillary vessels or arterioles
- Cherry Angiomas - slightly raised, red lesions
- Spider Angiomas - slightly raised, red spider-like lesions
- Rosacea - red facial lesions around the nose and cheeks causing a sunburn look
Why should I choose DioLite?
- Lentigines - flat, brown spots on the skin; present on skin with frequent sun exposure
- Keratoses - slightly elevated pigmented spots often found on the back and hands
- Freckles - brownish spots on the skin; common on people with fair skin
- Dermatosis Papulosis Nigra - small, black marks seen primarily on people of Asian or African descent
- Excellent and consistent outcome - minimal to no discoloration, swelling or complications
- Gentle treatment - typically performed without anesthesia or pain
- Simple treatment - minimal care before and after treatment
- Comfortable surroundings - treatment performed in Dr. Buckner's office takes only minutes